Thursday, June 11, 2009

Presenting...




Ethan Finn Paris

But, we like making life confusing so he'll go by Finn!


Born 3:04 am MST, 8 lbs, 20.5 inches. 10 fingers, 10 toes.


Here's a brief summary of last night. Margie, Megan, myself and the dogs went for a walk around 9:00 pm last night. Throughout the walk, Megan was having light, but fairly regular contractions. Got back to the house around 9:30... by 10:30 her contractions were getting stronger and more regular. We called our Doula around midnight (I think) and called our midwives to come on out around 1:30 or so. Nedra (midwife #1) arrived around 2:00 am. Mary (midwife #2) arrived shortly thereafter. And Jill (our friend and photographer) arrived sometime after Mary. Megan transitioned from laboring on the labor ball to the pool around 1:00 am or so. They started the pushing process shortly after the midwives arrived. Megan was quite the trooper.. everyone was impressed with her calmness. I must say, I was very impressed. I think Margie did more yelling than Megan. Megan will probably write a more detailed (and interesting) labor story when she's feeling up for it.

9 comments:

Keith said...

Don't forget "time for it".

Congrats guys and welcome to the world Ethan Finn! Rest up, it was quite a move.

angela said...

So excited!!! Congrats, you two. I can't wait to talk to both of you, but I'm sure you've been inundated with calls and visits today so I'll wait:)

Your Lou Crew loves you and we can't wait to meet Ethan!!

Michael said...

Congratulations Megan, BP, and Ethan. I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see you all.

Love,
Boom & Leah

bigmro said...

Congrats! Keep updating!

ruth said...

Hooray, you two!!! Ethan is beautiful! Megan, I can't wait to hear your birthing story (I have a few questions). Bryan and I are overjoyed for you all, we look forward to meeting Ethan.
Lots of love,
Ruthie and Bryan

Sara Jelercic said...

Wow, congratulations, he is just beautiful! I cannot wait to see you guys and the latest addition to the family!

Rest up so we can talk soon!

Kearney

Darcy King said...

Congrats!!! ...and Happy BIRTHday Ethan :-) Megan - of course i'll eventually want to hear ALL the details of your birth experience!! You all look happy & healthy.

Rebecca said...

June babies are the best. :) Love you guys! Becca & Scott

The Chaser said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!! Megan you are amazing...Bryan good job taking care of the little lady.

I can't wait to meet Finn.