Friday, July 24, 2009

man oh man.

i loVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVe being a mom. it's by far the best job ever & i love my paying job a whole lot -so, that's saying somethin!

... except the whole nothing, or well, almost nothing is going to get done if i stare at my beautiful baby all day long. which i do. if i'm not staring at him i'm kissing his big ol cheeks or rocking him while we stare at each other. he is so amazing.

he's smiling. for real. it's not gas, my baby is happy.


so the hardest thing so far: i'm having to accept that my once gratifying ability to check 20 things off my to-do list in a day is history. i'm lucky to get one thing done & on tuesday I got two things done: i swept & i mopped our kitchen floor. i about had an orgasm. it was a day to celebrate. was that too much? sorry.

i have gotten purty good at multi-tasking.-it's rare that i get to type with more than one hand...
(here i am in my new office editing the wedding in ny.
kylie helps me decide which make the cut & which don't. )

i'm definitely becoming a "mommy"... finn & i made chicken vegetable soup from scratch. everything was organic & beautiful & it came out so yummy. thanks mom for the recipe. i took pictures along the way to prove it!

i'm hand making about 50 of finn's birth announcements... & i've already put about 10 hours into it... i probably have maybe 2 more to go before they're ready to be mailed out. i do apologize if you don't get one of these. i intended to make 100 but they were a bit annoying after awhile. i started this project while our roommate still lived here & i was really wanting to start my nesting but couldn't so i put that mommie energy into these puppies. they're really very cute. i'll post a pic once i mail em. if you get the more "ordinary" announcement, please know that they were still made with love & it took me forever to decide on a design :)

i know i need to post more pictures. i have several important things to post like bryan's parents visit & our trip to new york where we got see steph & finn's first camping trip... but for now enjoy these as i work on those other posts.

tummy time.

happy that tummy time is over :)

oohhing & ahhing at mommy.

i finally got peed on. bryan was a bit too eager to get this picture :)

my poor baby is sleepy.

one lovely lazy sunday morning. how precious is this?

i love these next two:


& i'll leave you with this one, finn saying good night.

this next week finn will go on his second vacation :) spoiled lil baby. we're heading to boulder colorado. bryan's ultimate team was invited to a big tournament & our good friends ted & sarah & ashley live there so i jumped on the chance to go with & get OUT of this heat! hope you have a great weekend.

7 comments:

MereMortal said...

I knew from the moment you held Finn that you were a natural mama. I'm so glad you are basking in it and enjoying every single magical moment.
xoxo

Kelly said...

He is adorable, Megan! I love the picture of him yawning...aren't baby yawns the cutest?! Glad that you are enjoying motherhood, and can't wait to see you next month!

Anonymous said...

Awww Mommy you are a NATURAL! the pictures are adorable and I am guessing they are not even 50% as cute as Finn is in real life! Enjoy CO!

Luann for some reason my google accont is being cranky!

Unknown said...

Less than a month and I get to hold lil peanut... I can't wait!! He has such a cute smile... I am so happy for you. Keep posting pictures, he's changing so fast. Stephanie 2

Gwyn & I said...

Ok so I laughed & cried after reading. I'm so happy for you guys. I hope you'll give Finn a kiss for me. Love you, miss ya.

Joanne said...

I love how you start with saying you can't get anything done and then you proceed to mention making homemade soup and making birth announcements. :-) But, yeah, get used to only getting the essentials done. It'll get a little easier, and then even harder. But really, there's not much more important than spending time with the little one.

And the typing one-handed comment - so true!

Di said...

I sooooooooooooo can't wait to hold my precious babe, Finn!
He's my little man - sooo cute!
And there's not a better mama than you, Megan!
And Bryan - what a proud daddy you are!!!