Friday, July 16, 2010

i realized the other day

something pretty eery.

i was in a car accident on june 9th, 2005. i survived (obviously) with barely a scratch, although my car most definitely did not. the first woman to reach me afterwards said later she didn't expect to find me alive.

my aunt barbara, while hugging & holding me said it was because i had a purpose. a reason to live. i believe her. i've always felt i had a purpose. one day i'd do great things. take my art & help it to help others. be a good mom to children who need it. adopt. volunteer. etc.

why this didn't cross my mind until now- i'm not sure. but finn's due date was june 9th. he was born two days later- but for 8 months we looked at that date with excitement, anticipation & eagerness.

what a strange world we live in.

we all have a purpose.
we were all put here for something fantastic.
i hope you find your fantastic soon.

here's mine :)

5 comments:

The Chaser said...

I like this and you :)

Sarah Reinhart said...

oh megan...so powerful. Of course your purpose for being on the planet is supreme!

Lisa said...

Aww. Gosebumps!!! :) You have and will make an amazing contribution.

Luann said...

I have chills. Thanks for sharing your story and reminding us all to live to our purpose!

Crazy Rower #2 said...

That's awesome Megan, I love it! Life is good :).