Sunday, January 23, 2011

a mere perfect weekend.

we:

*made two meals for the week- homemade chicken vegetable soup & turkey lasagna with sweet potato puree mixed in. (deceptively delicious recipe *adjusted)
*bryan cleaned out the vacuum.
*bryan went to frisbee practice & hung out after wards for beer & pizza. (brownie points for him since he brought me home a piece.)
*the boys hiked papago park while i shot a yearly portrait session for one of my favorite families.
*we played outside, a lot. (bryan, unfortunately, taught finn how to climb our wood pile & jump over the fence for frisbees. i swear he is a ridiculous influence on our child, the things finn imitates his daddy doing... would give anyone a heart attack.)
*went for a family walk with ky-ky around tempe town lake.
*were social :) had dinner at our friend rob & tina's house. even stayed out past bedtime!
*each got a morning to sleep in.
*i finished three more album designs. shuey!!!!! kinda cheating since two were parent albums, but still!
*we watched two episodes of our obsession, friday night lights.

the only thing that kept this from being a fantastic weekend is me time. i didn't do a single thing by myself, for me. not for finn, or the house, or my photography business, but for me. megan resch. that's a real problem i've noticed lately. so much of my personality has become my photography business & being a mom. i pride myself on those two items & occasionally i find it in me to be a good partner to bryan. poor bryan.

i also find this a bit ironic that as i complain about this i've started going to therapy for me once a week. and i did a photo trade with a massage therapist so i'm getting weekly massages too. that's more than i've ever done for myself since finn's been born or maybe ever. finn goes to daycare for 1.5 days a week & it's glorious. so i am getting breaks, but maybe they're long over due & i'm feeling a little too thin at the moment to appreciate it.

us moms need to treat ourselves, but i don't want to go shopping or get a manicure. i need to find something else that doesn't cost anything(so no guilt), but feeds my soul. a professor of mine use to say- you gotta feed your soul & sometimes you just gotta feed your belly.

what are the ways ours mom-blog-readers treat themselves? i'd love to know!

now we're going to check off the last thing on our to- do list for the weekend: discuss our new budget for this upcoming year. we have some exciting things in the works to be announced soon :)~

hope you have a great week!

to steph & jeff- welcome back from costa rica!!!! i'm so glad you loved your honeymoon... bugs, rain & zip-lining in all!

to monica & john- so excited for your next adventure. monica welcome to louisville!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan I know this is an older post but I just read it sorry. When I need me time. I go for a solo, walk or hike. It is nice to enjoy nature by myself and think or just listen to the wind. Plus it is totally free and provides a little exercise. Hope that helps.

Erin Ramcke