Monday, July 18, 2011

baba's visit

a few days after nana left baba came! barbara is my mom's oldest sister. she's very much my other mother. i lived with her & don, in atlanta, one summer in college. we've always been incredibly close, so i was thrilled when she called & said she wanted to visit. she'd not yet made it out to phoenix to see us! and her timing was perfect since bryan was going to be out of town for two days to san fransisco on a business trip.

well, remember how i said i'd prepped the kids for the birthday party in my last post... about painting on the walls. well, apparently i didn't stress that it was on paper only! baba babysat for me while i ran errands one day & when i got back she said "he was wonderful. just played with his trains & read his books & let me start cooking dinner without a fuss."

sweet. love hearing that my child was a perfect angel! except, my child is NOT a perfect angel, he is a full blown stinker.

well, while i was cleaning up a bit i noticed a new masterpiece in our living room. all over our living room :0 tehee. my perfect angel is following in my footsteps- i drew all over the dining room in our house over on hillsboro! luckily the crayons were easily cleaned off, but he'd drawn everywhere... on the wall, on the picture frames on his desk, on his train track, on the tile floor.
baba let him help make dinner & he loved making sure the crumbs covered the chicken.

then baba brought him birthday presents!!

one of the nights was nice enough to play outside in the pool & go swinging.

we went to the park one morning!
& then finn was a perfect gentlemen & helped her with her luggage.
"love you baba. have fun on the plane!"
thanks for visiting us :0 please come again & bring that handsome husband of yours!

No comments: