Saturday, September 17, 2011

8 weeks old

for some reason my brain can't wrap around the fact that my daughter is 8 weeks old. i know everyone hears every single parent say that. but it's true. it's crazy that our sweet maya leigh, has been here that long.

i LOVE having a daughter more than i ever imagined possible. i'm a tomboy & a hippy. surprise! so, the thought of having a lil pink tutu-wearing, princess adoring girl freaked me out. i use to joke (before i had kids) that if she turned out too girly girl she'd be moving in with my sister. the two of them would be in heaven.

but, ya know what?
whatever this little girl decides to wear or adore is fine by me.

my hope is that she's patient, kind, funny & smart.

& she's already showing those wonderful characteristics...


"my mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion,
some humor, and some style.
"
maya angelou
(her name sake)

love my lil cupcake!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Maya is adorable, Megan, and I think she looks so much like Finn!